Rather than naming a team that could be copied by many, I will post a list of players I love at their price (winners), players that are overpriced (unforced errors), and some underdogs that could be interchangeable in a couple of teams if you are in search of a low salary upset.
– Rafael Nadal ($11,100) – If you can afford it, I highly recommend including him. I cannot see any part of McDonalds’ game that will give Nadal any issues on this type of clay…or any type of clay.
– Iga Swiatek ($9,900) – I would play Iga on potential. THis match could become one-sided if we see a similar performance to round 1.
– Casper Ruud ($9,400) – In these conditions it is going to be an incredibly tough ask for Tommy Paul, who just hasn’t been playing well enough in my opinion to keep this one close. The only question mark is the amount of tennis that Ruud has played over the last couple of weeks. He looked great against Sugita in round 1 though, so I am optimistic of another great performance today.
– Dominic Thiem ($10,900) – Seems a little too expensive given I wasn’t overly impressed with his performance in round 1 against Marin Cilic. Given the other players in this slate with similar salaries, I am more than happy to look elsewhere today.
– Lorenzo Sonego ($6,700) – Of the salaries below $7,500, I think Sonego has the biggest upside today. Bublik can be inconsistent at the best of times, so if Sonego were to win then the Italian has the ability to rack up a very nice score for his salary.
As always, if you have any questions about any specific players, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via Twitter.