Rather than naming a team that could be copied by many, I will post a list of players I love at their price (winners), players that are overpriced (unforced errors), and some underdogs that could be interchangeable in a couple of teams if you are in search of a low salary upset.
– Novak Djokovic ($11,400) – With it tricky to find too many meaningful upsets on the cards today, it may be a little too difficult to find a spot for Djokovic into your team given he is the most expensive of the slate. In comparison to the other players at the top of the list however (Tsitsipas/Stephens), my preference would definitely lie with Djokovic by quite a margin.
– Attila Balazs ($9,200) – This is one of the matches slated that to me has the potential to be one-way traffic. There is next to no clay form for Uchiyama, who is also coming off an injury from a couple of weeks ago. Well worth considering.
– Veronika Kudermetova ($8,900) – Another who should be too strong. I just haven’t seen enough from Parmentier recently to suggest Kudermetova should be too challenged in this one.
– Sofia Kenin ($9,500) – With her confidence shot coming off a double bagel from Victoria Azarenka. She hasn’t looked the same since the tour resumed, and Samsonova is certainly no slouch.
– Gilles Simon ($4,100) – Won’t hit too many errors, putting the pressure back onto Shapovalov to get the job done. The best of a bad bunch, as any potential upsets today aren’t really in this slate. If you want to take Djokovic, there will be a need to find an upset somewhere.
As always, if you have any questions about any specific players, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via Twitter.