It is a massive slate for Day 1, and if you have followed my timeline and read some of my previews, you will notice there is a lot of overlap with the players listed below.
Rather than naming a team that could be copied, I will post players I love at their price (winners), players that are overpriced (unforced errors), and some underdogs that could be interchangeable in a couple of teams if you are in search of a low salary upset.
– Stefanos Tsitsipas ($11,400) – I don’t see Ramos on a faster hardcourt as a threat. If Tsitsipas is the outright threat that I think he is this fortnight, he should be winning well here.
– Karolina Pliskova ($10,900) – Should be far too good, pure and simple. Ace count could come in handy here too.
– Borna Coric ($10,500) – The slightly faster conditions in 2020 spell trouble for Pablo Andujar. Off such little competitive tennis, I just don’t see Andujar as much of a threat in these conditions, even with his great run here last year.
– Kyle Edmund ($9,100) – I think if Bublik falls behind early there is the potential of a cheap set for Edmund, given Bublik is coming off double pneumonia which he suffered whilst the tour was suspended.
– Katerina Bondarenko ($6,600) – She is a $1.20 favourite in her match-up, yet a far lower salary than her opponent. Great value.
– Magda Linette ($10,200) – Danger match for her against a very talented Australian in Madison Inglis. Faded badly last week vs Zvonareva, so I do have some question marks over her here.
– Kristina Mladenovic ($9,700) – The double faults are a killer in fantasy tennis. Until she sorts out her serve, I would rather look elsewhere
– Katerina Bondarenko ($6,600) – By DraftKings standards this is an upset given the salary. I mentioned her above as well. Taking her opens up the ability to take favourites in your other 5 team members.
As always, if you have any questions about any specific players, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via Twitter.