Here is a look at some plays that just missed the cut today, including some upset alert and short favourite selections.
2 free selections can currently be found on The Hub at Betfair, as well as our draw previews -> https://www.betfair.com.au/hub/us-open-tips/
For our thoughts on a potential DraftKings line-up for today, check out our preview for Daily Fantasy Rankings -> https://www.dailyfantasyrankings.com.au/article/fantasy-tennis-2019-us-open-day-1-tips
Five Australian singles players take the court on day 1. Here is what you need to know -> https://acetennispreviews.com/2019/08/26/aussie-alert-us-open-day-1/
Plays that have missed the cut:
- Donskoy to win or cover game handicap vs Coric: I am not 100% sold in the fitness of Borna Coric, and Donskoy did look very good in qualifying. If Coric is fit, he wins, but there is a bit of doubt. One to watch early.
- Cepelova to win a set vs Hsieh: Cepelova was another to look very good in qualifying. Hsieh was up and down in the lead-up to the US Open, and Cepelova has the power to be able to make a run during this match. An upset isn’t out of the question.
- Jabeur to defeat Garcia: Garcia looks to be very low on confidence, so I wouldn’t be surprised with an upset here if Jabeur can deliver tennis that is close to her best.
- Martincova to defeat Pliskova: The double figure odds look a little ridiculous, don’t they? Just couldn’t pull the trigger.
- Doi/Keys total games over: Just when you think Keys has it all together, could Doi throw a spanner in the works. Doi won’t miss much, and looks a big price. Keys looked good last week, but is there an element of recency bias in her current odds? Time will tell.
- Jorovic to win a set vs Swiatek – The young Pole is still to prove herself at the major level, and Jorovic is no slouch. Fascinating match in my opinion.
Short But *Should* Be Sweet
- De Minaur
All the best for Day 1 – any questions, please let me know.