Rather than naming a team that could be copied by many, I will post a list of players I love at their price (winners), players that are overpriced (unforced errors), and some underdogs that could be interchangeable in a couple of teams if you are in search of a low salary upset.
– Aryna Sabalenka ($11,300) – You could take a pick from a number of players in this spot, however based on what I saw from her opponent in Kuzmova last week, an effort near her best should generate a one-sided victory for Sabalenka and a great start for your team.
– Frances Tiafoe ($8,300) – Likely to have the fitness edge over Stefano Travaglia, who is backing up from his finals match with Jannik Sinner in the Great Ocean Road Trophy. Prefer Tiafoe over the longer format where he has produced some solid tennis in recent years on hardcourt.
– Ons Jabeur ($9,700) – A slightly more speculative selection here, however I do feel this match has the potential to be one-sided. Jabeur will have a little too much variety for Andrea Petkovic for my liking, and the German plays with too little margin in her game for the conditions. Jabeur is definitely worth consideration.
– James Duckworth ($8,300) – Whilst the Australian does have the form edge, his performances at Grand Slam level in years gone by leave a lot to be desired. I am happy to not get involved in a match involving Damir Dzumhur on Day 1.
– Bernard Tomic ($7,000) – I just don’t want to get involved in his matches for DFS, win or lose.
– Marc Polmans ($4,200) – Compared to a number of other players around his salary, Polmans has a better chance of causing an upset today against Marton Fucsovics. Polmans put together an impressive off-season of work, and will have the benefit of the fitness edge coming into this one. Fucsovics will need to lift his game and force the issue here to get past the plucky Australian, who is more than capable of the upset here, as he delivered against Mikhail Kukushkin last year.
As always, if you have any questions about any specific players, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via Twitter.