A bigger slate is ahead of us today, with far more players to consider and a reduced likelihood for as many identical teams as we have seen in previous weeks.
Here are a couple of players that have caught my eye at their respective salaries, and a couple to avoid.
- Filip Krajinovic ($11,400) – The most expensive of the slate, and deservedly so. Caruso was able to find his way into more rallies in qualifying against Sinner and Thompson. That won’t be the case against Krajinovic, who should have too many weapons and be able to dictate for long periods of the match.
- Reilly Opelka ($10,200) – Looks to be a solid price, especially when you add in the possibility of a high ace count. I have him as a favourite against Norrie (as does the market), and he has the potential to deliver a high total if he can get over the line in straight sets.
- Donna Vekic ($9,200) – Unless there is a significant uptick in form from Azarenka, it is hard to see Vekic losing today. Looks a good selection based on one-sided win potential.
- Kristina Mladenovic ($6,800) – Even if I had her slated to win, the sheer volume of double faults she produced last time out is enough to put me off her in my slates in the short term. Prefer others at the lower salaries.
- Venus Williams ($6,200) – I have Dayana Yastremska on upset alert today. I was thoroughly impressed with Venus in Lexington, and I am thrilled to see she has made some changes to her serve and forehand action. Yastremska didn’t set the world on fire in Europe, and I am happy to take Venus as a member of my team to help free up some salary for mid-range players.
If you have any questions about any particular plays, let me know on Twitter!
PLEASE SUPPORT ACE PREVIEWS
A note from Steve, Founder of Ace Previews:
I am currently in the process of looking into ways to ensure my content can remain free moving forward. My content is now being shared on PUBLC, a new search engine. By signing up to PUBLC, and clicking on my articles, I will be able to stay free for longer, or perhaps ongoing.
Creating an account takes 30 seconds, however it will allow your support of my work to be ongoing. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP. Please ensure you are signed in when clicking through to my articles. Your support is greatly appreciated.
For more information on PUBLC, click here.