After the popularity of yesterday’s post, it is time to look at the list again today of plays that just missed the cut on what looks to be another busy day at Wimbledon.
2 free selections can currently be found on The Hub at Betfair, as well as our draw previews -> https://www.betfair.com.au/hub/wimbledon-tips/
For our thoughts on DraftKings selections for the big Day 1 prize pool, head to -> https://www.dailyfantasyrankings.com.au/article/fantasy-tennis-2019-wimbledon-day-2-tips
If you have any questions at any time, either contact us via email (email@example.com) or via Twitter.
Just Missed the Cut:
- Siniakova to defeat Alexandrova – Really liked the underdog price for the Czech, who looks to be as fit as ever. Has the ability to handle the pace of Alexandrova, and is competent around the net. Generally like to oppose Alexandrova as a mid-range favourite. Siniakova looks a solid price based on potential.
- Cirstea/Anisimova total games OVER – Don’t mind Cirstea here to be honest – in a similar fashion to Vondrousova, Anisimova looks to have been a touch overrated here post her Roland Garros run.
- Ruse/Goerges total games OVER – Don’t sleep on Ruse here, as she has played some solid grasscourt tennis over the last 12 months. Has the potential to keep it close, however the match probably does rest on the racquet of Goerges.
- Uchiyama to defeat Sandgren – Not sure where the grass court form of Sandgren is to suggest he should be clear favourite here. If Uchiyama had a bit more 5 set major experience I would be all over this one, however instead it just misses the cut.
- Berrettini/Bedene total games OVER – Preferred the draw of Berrettini before Coric pulled out. Bedene is a very tricky customer on grass, and considering Berrettini prefers to play the big hitters on grass, Bedene over best of 5 sets isn’t the easiest task.
- Ward + games vs Basilashvili: Home crowd support may come in handy here – if it were best of 3 sets I would be inclined to make a play on Ward.
Short, But Sweet:
A couple of players below $1.40 that would make solid legs for doubles/trebles/however-many-legs-you-want:
- S Williams
- R Nadal
- R Federer
- A Barty
- J Millman
- L Djere
- M Kukushkin
- S Johnson
- C Garin
- G Simon
- N Rubin
- Q Wang
- G Muguruza
- J Konta
- M Sharapova
All the best for Day 1 – any questions, please let me know.