Whilst we have made a number of selections for today, there are many more that just missed the cut, as you can see below.
2 free selections can currently be found on The Hub at Betfair, as well as our draw previews -> https://www.betfair.com.au/hub/wimbledon-tips/
For our thoughts on DraftKings selections for the big Day 1 prize pool, head to -> https://www.dailyfantasyrankings.com.au/article/fantasy-tennis-2019-wimbledon-day-1-tips
If you have any questions at any time, either contact us via email (email@example.com) or via Twitter.
Just Missed the Cut
- Bemelmans + games vs Wawrinka – clearly seems to find an extra leg on grass, and looks to be over the odds against Stan, who has struggled in the past of grass. The game handicap and/or set handicap did appeal, however ended up preferring others for the day.
- Pella to defeat Copil – it can sometimes quickly be forgotten that Pella was the man that came back and knocked off Marin Cilic here last year, and did the best against Taylor Fritz in the Eastbourne lead-up. A lot of this match will come down to the serve of Copil, who has struggled at ATP level this year however has the tools to be a tricky customer on grass.
- Fabbiano in some capacity vs Tsitsipas – The one thing putting me off here is their meeting at Wimbledon 12 months ago. I still don’t entirely trust Tsitsipas on grass, and if Fabbiano can start well, he could really get under the skin of his opponent.
- Rybarikova to defeat Sabalenka – Rybarikova is one of those underrated grass court tennis players, having previously made the semi finals at Wimbledon. Unless Sabalenka finds some consistency on serve, her stay may be a short one. I am not sold on the fitness of Rybarikova, so unfortunately this is one to watch and watch only.
- Pera to win or cover handicap vs Sakkari – Pera has burnt me a few times recently, however $3.50 does look a touch long considering the grass form of both players.
Short, But Sweet:
The following all should win for those searching for a combination of legs for a multi/parlay for day 1:
- V Williams
If you were feeling particularly adventurous, those 20 would come in around the 25 to 30-1 mark. Not my cup of tea, but I get asked a lot of questions about them!
All the best for Day 1 – any questions, please let me know.