Rather than naming a team that could be copied by many, I will post a list of players I love at their price (winners), players that are overpriced (unforced errors), and some underdogs that could be interchangeable in a couple of teams if you are in search of a low salary upset.
– Casper Ruud ($10,800) – Whilst I would maybe look elsewhere if placing a single team in a contest, Ruud has the potential to finish off a very one-sided victory, especially if Benoit decides to check out of this match. One to certainly consider.
– Cam Norrie ($9,800) – Another left-of-centre selection. It has been hard to fault the form of Norrie over the last couple of weeks, and this also looks to be a favourable match-up for him. The longer format suits Norrie, and these conditions look to be great for the Brit against Fratangelo. The American has looked solid since his return to the tour, however Norrie is a class above on current form.
– Garbine Muguruza ($9,600) – Cannot trust Garbine off such little tennis. Prefer most others in the $9,000-10,000 range, outside of the man mentioned below.
– Tommy Paul ($9,300) – He is certianly making great strides with his overall game this year. My concern? I don’t feel the best of 5 format in the warmer part of the day against a player like O’Connell is the best situation for the American, especially off a reasonably long week last week. I think others present more value.
– Tamara Zidansek ($6,400) – Capable of keeping it close, especially if the reported abdominal tear for Andreescu is true. Worth considering in multi-entry strategies.
As always, if you have any questions about any specific players, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via Twitter.
If gambling, please do so responsibly.