Here are some general thoughts on Day 2 for those interested.
Heading to the tennis and want to see the best players in action? Head to https://tennistickets.com.au/ to secure tickets to the best sessions across the fortnight of tennis. At the time of writing there are tickets available today at below face value, so get in quick!
Medium (40%) chance of showers in the early morning. Mostly sunny afternoon. Winds southwesterly 15-25km/h becoming lighter as morning progresses.
Minimum 15 degrees
Maximum 22 degrees
Head to The Hub at Betfair for free selections from Day 1 and 2 of the Australian Open (will be released closer to start time).
Other Thoughts – Day 2
A list of players that should win includes:
- Q Wang
Players that look too short include:
- Kerber (given hamstring issue)
- Peterson (given back issue)
Potential Plays that just missed the cut (more to be added prior to start of play):
- Ito + games vs Gunneswaran
- Polmans/Kukushkin total games over
- Schwartzman – games vs Harris (little worried one lapse from Diego could make this really difficult)
- Moutet to challenger Cilic
- Minnen to defeat Sasnovich
- Hercog to defeat Peterson (note Peterson back spasms in Hobart)