Another grand slam is upon us, with a number of decent competitions up on DraftKings.
Rather than naming a team that could be copied by many, I will post a list of some of the players I love at their price (winners), a player I think is overpriced (unforced errors), and any underdogs that could be interchangeable in a couple of teams if you are in search of a low salary upset.
- Andrey Rublev ($11,300) – Expensive, but likely to be worth it in my opinion. Should be able to put together a reasonable ace count against Ivo in warm conditions, with the ace bonus and straight set bonus likely in play for the Russian as well.
- Diego Schwartzman ($10,800) – Another capable of a one-sided victory on match-up style. I am not sure Berankis has the patience to be able to match it with Diego over the course of best of 5 sets in these conditions. If DSS can get on top in the early going, it may not take much for him to break the will of Berankis.
- Ugo Humbert ($10,500) – Perhaps the form around Stefanos Tsitsipas in recent times isn’t quite as strong as first thought. Whilst I have stopped short of opposing Ugo Humbert on day 1 in betting at Flushing Meadows, I am interested to see how he fares against tricky opposition in qualifier Peter Gojowczyk. Humbert can get a little too loopy at times on his groundstrokes, and the German is the type of player that is willing to be aggressive and pull the trigger regularly. A match-up to watch.
- Alex Molcan ($9,200) – For salary like this, I would want a few more runs on the board in terms of hardcourt form and best of 5 set tennis. After winning a very tight three set match in the final round of qualifying against Elias, Molcan looked to be close to running on empty. How will he fare here across the best of 5 sets? He has played one best of 5 set match for his career, losing to Hoang from 2 sets up in Wimbledon qualifying. Looks a little expensive vs Ilkel.
- Carla Suarez Navarro ($5,100) – There aren’t too many below $5,200 that appeal too heavily, so it may be worth trying to find a reasonably balanced team overall. With fitness doubts surrounding Danielle Collins, Suarez Navarro may be worth consideration.
If you have any questions about specific players, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via Twitter.
If gambling, please do so responsibly.