Rather than naming a team that could be copied by many, I will post a list of players I love at their price (winners), players that are overpriced (unforced errors), and some underdogs that could be interchangeable in a couple of teams if you are in search of a low salary upset.
– Roberto Bautista Agut ($10,100) – Outside the obvious names at the top, a little bit of salary could be saved by using RBA as the top salary player in some teams. The Spaniard comes up against the qualifier in Martinez, who has shown some glimpses in qualifying however I don’t feel the best of 5 set-up favours him as much. Looking for a consistent effort from RBA to get the lineup off to a good start.
– Carlos Taberner ($9,500) – One of the more dominant performances in all of qualifying. The Spaniard was dominant in all three rounds, and whereas I sometimes have some question marks around his motivation at times week to week in the grind of the Challenger tour. This won’t be the case today, and he should be far too strong for Safiullin on recent form.
– Alejandro Davidovich Fokina ($11,200) – Should win, however I am not sure I am ready to live in a world where the Spaniard is the highest salary in the field for day 1 of a grand slam. Kukushkin’s form has been poor, however he does have the experience on his side. ADF hasn’t put together his best tennis at Roland Garros over the years, so for mine it is hard to justify him at the price.
– Alexander Zverev ($11,000) – But of a funny one. I think looking at the similar salaries available, I would be more inclined to side with Tsitsipas, Garin or even Thiem. The threat of a decent amount of double faults is always present, and Otte is no slouch.
– Christina McHale ($5,200) – Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova has come in with some question marks around her fitness. Whilst McHale isn’t at her strongest on the surface, she is still a tough out, and may be able to generate a decent score per $ spent.
– Ana Konjuh ($4,800) – A little ambitious, however I think she is over the odds today, and as a result should have a salary closer to $5,500. If placing a single entry I would look elsewhere, however Konjuh way to worth a selection or two if entering multiple line-ups.
As always, if you have any questions about any specific players, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via Twitter.
If gambling, please do so responsibly.