As with all the other tournaments on offer this week, we are seeing these players on court for the first time in 2021 as part of the Australian Open qualifying process.
With game handicaps and totals not widely available at the time or writing, I will have to bypass these matches for writing purposes unless a head to head market stands out.
- A player that initially caught my eye was Ankita Raina as a warm favourite against Reka-Luca Jani. At a touch over $1.50, she should be too good on hardcourt in these conditions.
- I must say I am a little disappointed that Ana Konjuh and Anna-Lena Friedsam are slated to meet in the first round. Both have been on the receiving end of poor injury histories, however given Konjuh was able to find some time on court late in 2020 it may be the difference for her in what should be suitable conditions.
- It has been a couple of years since I have seen her at a value price as a favourite, however Sachia Vickery should be closer to $1.50 in the market against Cristina Bucsa.
- Clara Tauson is one of the young players to watch in 2021, however she looks a touch short against a counter-punching player in Katerina Zavatska in these conditions.
- Good luck to anyone taking sub-$1.30 on Sara Errani on hardcourt in 2021. She has a significant fitness edge in this match though, so if you are looking to oppose her I would suggest it be in the first set.
- We saw he make massive strides early in 2020, and I will be keen to see how Renata Zarazua starts her 2021 campaign. This looks to be a great starting point for her.
- Anna Kalinskaya is another very talented player looking to start the year on a good note. I would have her odds a little shorter against Dalma Galfi based on what Galfi has been delivering of late, so the Russian is a solid multi/parlay piece.
- Ellen Perez put together a solid patch of tennis in the UTR series in Australia late last year, and was probably one of the next in line to receive a wildcard. It is a tough draw in Caroline Dolehide, however Perez does have the match practice under her belt. Perez is capable of the upset here.
- Another tough match-up for the first round of qualifying is Aleksandra Krunic and Olga Govortsova. If there is an overs market available to you, I would consider that.
Decent Multi/Parlay Selections
1 unit Kalinskaya (vs Galfi) and Zarazua (vs Komardina) to win at $1.90 at Unibet