Rather than naming a team that could be copied by many, I will post a list of players I love at their price (winners), players that are overpriced (unforced errors), and some underdogs that could be interchangeable in a couple of teams if you are in search of a low salary upset.
– Novak Djokovic ($11,200) – In a similar fashion to Rafael Nadal yesterday – If you can afford it, I highly recommend including him. Berankis should have next to no answers for Djokovic on clay in his current form, so the Serbian could generate a very high score.
– Kaja Juvan ($9,600) – She has looked really solid on clay in recent times, and should be far too good for Burel. If she replicates her round 1 form, she will be worth having in your team.
– Patricia Maria Tig ($8,400) – I have backed in Tig to win well against McHale today. I don’t think Muchova was at 100% in round one, which makes the McHale win look a little better than it actually was on court. Well worth considering.In these conditions.
– Stefanos Tsitsipas ($10,000) – I have been very keen on Cuevas to challenge Tsitsipas in their two most recent meetings, and Cuevas has let me down. Tsitsipas was very hit-and-miss in round 1, and looks to still be struggling for confidence. I prefer others at their salaries at the top of the list.
– Paula Badosa ($6,000) – Unfortunately a number of my predicted upsets are scheduled first on court, meaning they don’t make the Draftkings slate. At the time of writing I am still considering a play on Badosa to win, as she should be able to give Sloane Stephens a significant challenge.
For the adventurous, you could also make a case for including Alejandro Davidovich Fokina at $4,600 as an out-there alternate selection.
As always, if you have any questions about any specific players, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via Twitter.