Rather than naming a team that could be copied by many, I will post a list of players I love at their price (winners), players that are overpriced (unforced errors), and some underdogs that could be interchangeable in a couple of teams if you are in search of a low salary upset.
– Casper Ruud ($11,200) – No part of these conditions lends itself to being favourable for Yuichi Sugita today. This should be one way traffic for Ruud, assuming he brings a level somewhat near the tennis he has produced over the last couple of weeks.
– Patricia Maria Tig ($9,400) – Another who looks to be very heavily favoured by the conditions today. Vogele is a player that is far more suited to the faster clay conditions in my opinion. The Istanbul champ should continue her impressive run.
– Alize Cornet ($10,600) – Chloe Paquet has looked a little lost at the lower levels since the tour resumed, so I am struggling to see her turn around her form against Alize Cornet today. This one has the potential to be very one-sided.
– Amanda Anisimova ($10,200) – Does Amanda have the patience to handle these conditions in her current form? Tamara Korpatsch is no slouch on the clay, and the heavy conditions may actually go a fair way towards helping her bridge the gap. I have Anisimova on upset alert today.
– Serena Williams ($11,000) – We haven’t seen her on the clay all that much over the last three years. Last seen rolling her ankle in the third set against Azarenka, and with heavy conditions on offer today, I would rather watch her in action once before building teams around her.
– John Millman ($5,100) – The Aussie may be able to turn this match into a significant grind, and PCB hasn’t been overly strong in heavy clay conditions in the past. A big chance to cause an upset here.
As always, if you have any questions about any specific players, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via Twitter.